[CALUG] [Fwd: Linux User Group Training Program]

Jim Sansing jjsansing at verizon.net
Tue Jan 17 15:18:45 EST 2012

I just received this. If any member is interested, please let us know.
If there are more than one, then we need to figure out a fair way to
award the training.

Later . . . Jim

I’d like to extend an offer of free Linux training to your members in
exchange for a link to our Linux courses at
http://www.certstaff.com/trainingcatalog/linux-training-courses.html
from your user group website.
We will give you 1 free seat in 1 of the below Linux classes that you
can use at your meetings as a giveaway for your members. Our classes are
taught live online by instructors from 10 am to 5 pm Eastern time.
Students attend from their home or office and receive courseware by mail.

How It Works:

1. You link to our Linux training web page
http://www.certstaff.com/trainingcatalog/linux-training-courses.html
from your User Groups’ website
2. The person you give the free class enrollment to for 1 of the classes
below can then sign up by calling us at 888-330-6890 ext. 702

Linux Classes You May Have 1 Person Attend (please choose 1):

Fundamentals of Linux - 4 days - $1,700 retail
http://www.certstaff.com/trainingcatalog/course+id+fundamentals-of-linux.html

This comprehensive hands-on 4-day course provides the knowledge and
skills needed to effectively use Linux™. In this course you will learn
how to use Linux user commands and develop shell scripts.

OR

Linux System Administration - 4 days - $1,700 retail
http://www.certstaff.com/trainingcatalog/course+id+linux-system-administration.html

This 4-day course introduces Linux™ and UNIX™ users to the tasks needed
to administer their own system. The course begins with administering
user accounts and groups, then moves into file, file system, and disk
management. Various archiving commands are shown along with backup
strategies. Students will learn about process and job scheduling as well
as startup and shutdown procedures. The course finishes with system
tuning, networking, and security topics. This course is not specific to
a particular Linux distribution and presents information about using
Linux in a commercial environment.

Please contact me if you are interested and once you have the link in
place. I appreciate your time.

Nikolay Venev
Business Support | Certified Staffing Solutions
nvenev at certstaff.com