[CALUG] Booting back to Linux

Miguel González Castaños miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Sat Nov 24 07:28:32 EST 2012

On 24/11/2012 00:22, Bryan J Smith wrote:

> My apologies then, I must have read another response.
>
> I'm going to see what NT6.2 is up to with DHCP DDNS UPnP
>
> On Nov 23, 2012 2:50 PM, "Rajiv Gunja" <opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
> <mailto:opn.src.rocks at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am not assigning different IP-addresses, I use DHCP reservation,
>     irrespective of the OS, I always get the same IP-address for a
>     given MAC address. I have done this reservation for all my devices
>     both on ethernet and wifi network.

If you are using the same IP address for Linux and Windows 8, that might
be the issue as someone has already pointed out that the DHCP client in
Windows 8 might not be understanding the leases that have been given to
the linux box.

I'd either spoof the MAC in linux or assign a static IP address and
eliminate that IP address from the dynamic pool.

It's not elegant, but feasible

Miguel