[CALUG] Job: Senior Network Engineer, Howard County Library System

Julian Clark julian.clark.2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:16:01 EST 2013

It's really quite simple. Howard County Library System (HCLS) is a
world-class organization because we hire world-class people. Whether
working directly with our customers or behind the scenes, our remarkable
team is committed to delivering high quality public education for all ages.
Annually, our customer base -- a community of over 285,000 people -- visits
our six branches 3 million times, borrows 7.1 million items, and generates
2 million research assistance interactions. Annual attendance to our
classes and events is a quarter of a million people. We offer a friendly,
collaborative work environment and a generous benefits package including 14
paid holidays and your birthday off!

We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer.

Brief summary of duties:

* Manages HCLS WAN AND LANs

* Analyzes, designs, installs, configures, maintains and repairs the
network infrastructure and application components

* Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation of network configuration

* Liaises with vendors and other outside parties as appropriate to maintain
network connectivity

* Notifies HCLS staff if changes, problems and/or outages occur

* Provides on-site rapid response to correct or identify the cause of IT
system problems and/or outages

Grade 15; position located at the Central Branch Administration
Full-time; 37.5 hours per week

This position is open until filled. Interested? To view the full listing
and apply for this position, visit our website: http://www.hclibrary.org .
If you have any questions, please e-mail Stacey Fields (stacey.fields at
hclibrary dot org).

http://www.hclibrary.org/uploads/Senior%20Network%20Engineer%20PD%20-%20December%202012(1).pdf