[CALUG] Looking for advice

Wes Westhaver wes at westhaver.com
Tue Feb 12 13:45:48 EST 2019

Hello,

I would like to purchase a desktop computer, install Linux (Ubuntu or
Mint?), and attach two (possibly three) monitors to it. Can anyone here
provide guidance on what desktop systems and video cards are well supported
by Linux?

I'm probably going to purchase some refurbished equipment from
PCLiquidations (https://www.pcliquidations.com/) since I'm on a tight
budget.

Until now, I've only had experience with using Linux as a server (mostly
headless). But I want to get away from MS-Windows and go completely Linux.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

-Wes