[CALUG] Looking for advice

Tim Spangler tspang at jefnet.com
Wed Feb 13 00:09:45 EST 2019

Out of box Fedora 29 Desktop handles the nvidia cards with the nouveau driver, and I can confirm it works fine with a single monitor at 2560x1600 resolution (Dell 3011) on install.  I have half a dozen different monitors here at the house, so I can certainly try having a 3 monitor setup, but given the ease of setup with one monitor, I don’t expect a problem just for desktop use.

Using 3d acceleration (like playing games) or PCIE Passthrough is a different story, but that doesn’t seem to be part of the original requirement.

-Tim