[CALUG] Looking for advice

Shawn Webb lattera at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:26:33 EST 2019

One question I've learned to ask is: what's your anticipated budget?

My Dell Precision 7510 laptop cost around $3,000. It shipped with
Ubuntu Linux, but I replaced Linux with HardenedBSD. It's the best
laptop I've ever owned. Intel Xeon 4C/8T, 64GB ECC RAM, dedicated
NVIDIA Quadro GPU, 1TB NVMe and a 1TB SSD. I've since upgraded the
NVMe and SSD both to 2TB. At one point, I had three additional
monitors (so with the laptop's screen, four total) hooked up to it. I
haven't had a single issue to this day with it.

Granted, this is a laptop, not a desktop. But, the experience should
be the same on just about any of the professional Dell desktop models
that ship with Ubuntu Linux.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer of HardenedBSD

Tor-ified Signal:    +1 443-546-8752
Tor+XMPP+OTR:        lattera at is.a.hacker.sx
GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE