[CALUG] Looking for advice

Jim Cottrell jecottrell3 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 7 15:26:48 EST 2019

Awhile back, I got tired of different distro's dot files. What I do is
make my home directory be a subdirectory. Thus, I use /home/jcottrell/r7
for CentOS/RHEL 7 and /home/jcottrell/f29 be my Fedora home. Anything I
want to share, I move up a level and replace it with a symlink.

Whether this is done by different password entries (less common as
accounts move to Active Directory and similar) or by my shell profiles
(figure out where I should be, cd there and reset HOME) is left to the
reader's imagination.

JIM

P.S. I first encountered this problem with dissimilar distros: RHEL 4
and Slackware back in the day.