[CALUG] Looking for advice

Howard Bampton howard.bampton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 23:19:30 EST 2019

95% of the time you can share $HOME. I have (admittedly in the UNIX(tm)
world or mixing UNIX(tm) and Linux) seen issues with settings for your
windowing system being slightly incompatible and causing interesting
failure modes. If your windowing session crashes immediately upon login on
one OS but not the other, this could be the problem. Figuring out which
file(s) and possibly settings in a file can be "fun".