[CALUG] Linux & universal docking stations

mlh mhartwx at verizon.net
Sat Nov 9 09:23:14 EST 2019

I would really like to have one for my Mageia linux laptop but I see the
usual driver problem.  Has anyone on the list been able to use a docking
station with a Linux laptop?  If so, what distro & what brand of
station?  Targus says their stations work with Ubuntu Linux &
displaylink has info about porting the Ubuntu drivers to other distros,
but I don't have much experience or luck with porting drivers.

When manufacturers say they support Linux should I assume they mean
Ubuntu & that is the distro I need to be on to avoid driver porting &
other hardware headaches?

ML Hart