[CALUG] ISO Open Source Dashboarding Software

Brandon Lichtenwalner brandon.lichtenwalner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:25:36 EDT 2020

Thomas,

I'll only comment on the two that I have _limited_ experience with.

*Netdata*
I've heard tons of good things about it. Installation on my workstation was
relatively painless. I'm hoping to deploy on several servers and am looking
into their cloud option, though I'm hoping to be able to self-host for my
company. It collects and displays a ton of useful system info right out of
the box. The only things stopping me from deploying are testing/time and
the thought that maybe something like Zabbix or Nagios is better suited to
what I'm trying to accomplish (monitoring production servers/VMs).

*Grafana*
It is super powerful and as far as I can tell it can help you visualize
just about anything! That said, I believe you need to set up data sources
to feed into grafana. So if you already have specific "collectors" running
that you can dump into grafana, it may be the tool for you. But
otherwise I _think_
it needs to be paired with something actually doing the data collection. My
experience is limited though, so I could have this wrong.

I'm sure the other tools are great too. The best part is that you can try
them all for free!

...if you have the time ;)

 - Brandon

Message: 1