[CALUG] ISO Open Source Dashboarding Software

Thomas Delrue thomas at epistulae.net
Wed Jul 15 14:00:11 EDT 2020

On 7/14/20 3:57 PM, Thomas Delrue wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for open source (web-based)
> dashboarding applications? The solution I'm looking for should be
> able to display a variety of different pieces of information that it
> gets from web/REST/JSON APIs, as well as directly from random
> databases it can be hooked into.
>
> In terms of graphing, I'm interested in tables, graphs, heatmaps,
> map overlays, etc, the more the better.
>
> If anyone has any recommendations, I'd be very interested in
> learning about what you recommend and how it worked for you!

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

As a follow-up to everyone, the suggested solutions were:
Apache Superset: https://superset.incubator.apache.org
Freeboard: https://freeboard.io
Grafana: https://grafana.com
Netdata: https://www.netdata.cloud/
Redash: https://redash.io (recently bought by Databricks, but there is
an open source version)
Smashing: https://github.com/Smashing/smashing

Looking at them tall, I'm going to start looking at Apache Superset
unless someone tells me that this would be a mistake...

Thanks again for the collective wisdom :)