[CALUG] Choosing a residential/SMB high speed internet provider

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Mon Aug 13 16:58:54 EDT 2012

I have DirecTV and Comcast for Internet/Phone. When VZ started
advertising $99 for all 3 services, I wondered why I was paying each
provider more than that. Well, DirecTV didn't budge much (game me $20
off), but Comcast is afraid of their customers switching to FIOS, and
cut their price IN HALF for me. Also, with Comcast, you can keep
adding/deleting the Basic TV plan (adds maybe $5) and they will give you
Discounts for a Year or two.

I dunno about VZ, whether they are worried about switching to
Comcast...and their hands may be tied more by tariffs (but probably
not), but the bottom line is...

Play Them Off Against Each Other.

JIM

P.S. Comcast is Rock Solid...at least where I live (Damascus)