[CALUG] Meeting Announcement April 12 -- Pi-hole: Blackhole for internet ads

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Apr 10 07:41:44 EDT 2017

Greetings all,

For this week's meeting, April 12th, Chuck Frain will be giving a talk
about Pi-hole.

Pi-hole describes itself as a network wide adblocker. However, in addition
it can block malware and other sites as you configure it to. It performs
these tasks at the DNS level and can be used network wide. We will talk
about what DNS is and how Pi-hole is able to block ads, malware, and other
sites. And as time allows we will provide a live demo of the system.

We are meeting at OmniTI located at 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD
20759. Please enter by the back door 'G' which is surrounded by plants and
patio tables. Please join us from 6:30-7pm for pizza, soda, and chatting.
The pizza and sodas are sponsored by our friends at Aplura. We'll start the
meeting about 7pm.

Hope to see you there!

http://calug.org
http://omniti.com