[CALUG] moving files between linux and windows

Howard how0909 at freeshell.org
Mon Nov 6 22:27:19 EST 2017

So your saying when you format the drive fat32 in windows it reads ok on
the centos but then after having in the centos the win7 barfs and you
have to reformat?

And your centos file manglers don't see ntfs well?

Did you try command line?

Screw the gui stuff.
I had a bad experience last year when I tried copying a good size tree
from a fedora to an external hard drive. It stopped after about 1/8 and
I though it did it all. Never looked for myself and then dumped the
fedora install and when I went to use my backed up stuff found out I
lost a major portion. Some really important. I'll never do that again!
Try the command line and at least do a du when done.
Howard():