[CALUG] moving files between linux and windows

Bryan Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Nov 6 23:24:24 EST 2017

Built-in Windows tools will not create a FAT32 file system larger than
32GiB (33.8GB).  Are you sure it's not creating exFAT (64-bit FAT)?
[1]

Windows also doesn't like larger than 128GiB (137GB).  The theoretical
limit of FAT32 is 8TiB, but I seriously doubt most Windows systems
prefer that.

That all said ...

For removable/portable USB devices, I highly recommend Rufus.  Rufus
is the only tool I use for making anything I'm going to use with
Windows, and especially for creating Windows 7, 8.x and 10 uEFI
installation media.

- bjs

[1] http://wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT

[2] https://github.com/pbatard/rufus