[CALUG] Mesh WiFi

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Tue Oct 27 08:54:56 EDT 2020

I went with Ubiquiti AC lite access points ($80-$90 on average). For the
number of devices connecting vs the features offered in the pro, the price
difference wasn't justified. I picked up 2 APs which, for my home, is
probably overkill. But with where they're positioned I get strong coverage
everywhere, including the yard. I run the controller software off of an
existing VM that I have for other purposes.

I know some people who like the Ubiquiti routers and others who think they
are way overpriced for home use. I have my OPNSense box for the firewall an
routing needs.